Nowadays Car Rental Services are available as a self-driven rental service or as a chauffeur driven service and even driver-less technology is in the works. These services are getting accomplished by advances in software technologies that enable seamless integration of processes involved in car rental Business. Car Rental Software’s are advancing in a rapid pace that enables Business operators to enjoy a worry-free Business in a fully automated process. A car rental software to be successful should have features that work online and one that is accessible from any kind of device through browser based applications or as a standalone mobile App for ease of use anywhere in the world. The software must include powerful features like asset Management, route management, reservation management, billing and invoicing, reporting etc.,
Looking for an UBER like Taxi Dispatch Software? Click HERE
Car Rental Management System(CRMS) is a fully cloud-based, device independent car rental software that can handle tasks scalable from a small to large car rental Businesses. They offer software that is fully customizable according to the needs of the customer. Car Rental Management system can be used by any car rental supplier or a broker or even an online travel agency.
Lets check out the pros and cons of the Car Rental Management System.
1. It is another web-based car rental software solution that does not require any executable files to download and install. It works on any device with an internet connection. So it is not resource intensive and is pretty efficient.
2. The software is highly customizable and has a scalable architecture allowing for application on any business size.
3. A feature to select a driver based on his age is a good one. The customer can be charged extra for a driver less than 30 years or over 65 years of age. This feature is unique to Car Rental management System.
4. The software allows to select the type of vehicle like sedan, SUV, sports, Family car, minivan etc., its brand and model, which gives more choice to the customers to choose.
5. The fuel policy can be set in the software. It can be set as full tank to full tank or on the basis of the distance run.
6. The system can be used not just for car rental services, but also for other vehicles and fleet operators.
7. A complete invoicing and reporting system is built into the system without needing for a separate accounting software.
8. They provide online training and documentation of the product for support instances including 24×7 customer support.
9. A separate discounts management system helps to introduce discounts and promotions for rides.
1. The Car Rental Management System doesnt have a fleet management system inbuilt. Features like vehicle maintenance management, parts inventory, fuel management are lacking when compared to the competition.
2. Real time GPS Tracking feature is missing. That would have made it convenient to monitor vehicles that are misused by drivers.
3. There are no mobile Apps available to give ease of use to customers, though the interface is browser-based.
4. Overall the Car Rental Management system has limited features compared to the competition who are imparting on-demand services based on location.